Grease traps are an essential feature in all restaurants, but that doesn’t mean they’re convenient. Dealing with a trap yourself is a messy process that distracts from your real goal of providing food to customers. At Oregon Oils, we’ll take care of your trap so you don’t have to. We offer full grease interceptor and grease trap maintenance services, including cleaning, inspections, and emergency repairs, to clients throughout the Portland, Oregon, metro area and western Washington.
Importance of Professional Cleaning
Every year, restaurants across America produce billions of gallons of waste cooking oil, and far too much of it ends up down the drain. Every time an employee cleans a spill or washes dishes, that grease enters the water system. It doesn’t stay a liquid, though. As it travels through the sewer system, it hardens and congeals with other debris and chemicals. These globs of grease clog sewer systems, destroy pipes, and lead to floods and backwashes.
Your restaurant’s grease trap or grease interceptor is essential for filtering fats, oils, and grease (FOG) from wastewater and preventing serious consequences from occurring. As it gets too full, however, the trap will become less and less effective, and more grease will escape into the sewer and contribute to clogs. Meanwhile, the grease that remains behind may start to rot, leading to bad smells and health hazards at your establishment.
Our Maintenance Process
To prevent destructive sewer clogs, rancid smells, environmental damage, and more, a grease trap or interceptor needs to be routinely cleaned and maintained. At Oregon Oils, we provide reliable maintenance services so your kitchen continues to run effectively. Our process follows these steps:
- We’ll set up a routine cleaning schedule based on your needs and grease output.
- On schedule, our technicians will remove all waste materials and thoroughly clean the trap or interceptor’s interior to prevent buildup.
- The technicians will also conduct a detailed inspection to make sure your equipment is working properly. If it’s not, we’ll schedule maintenance services to get it running again.
- When they finish, our technicians will report your FOG levels to the city to confirm your compliance with local regulations. We also keep records for future reference if you need them.
- You’re done! You can continue using your grease trap or interceptor until your next scheduled appointment. Meanwhile, we transport your FOG and used cooking oil to be rendered into energy-efficient fuel.
If you experience any emergency issues or need help, we’ll send a technician outside of your regular schedule to diagnose the problem.
Who We Serve
At Oregon Oils, we serve a wide array of clients, from the largest food producers in the area to the smallest family-owned establishments. The businesses we work with include:
- School cafeterias
- Sports arenas
- Fast food chains
- Mall food courts
- Food trucks and carts
- Gas stations
Choose Oregon Oils
If you own a grease trap in the Portland metro area or western Washington, you can benefit from our services and participate in our grease recycling program. Sign up for grease trap and interceptor maintenance to keep your equipment clean and in good shape, as well as to recycle waste cooking oil into eco-friendly fuel. To learn more, contact Oregon Oils today.